7 Simple Sides Kids Will Love

Some days, it's definitely a battle. At our house, we joke that 95% of parenthood is spent cooking food that kids won't eat and cleaning up afterwards. (The other 5% is spent looking for missing shoes and gloves.)

Of course, there's always love, laughter and a lot more involved. And every minute is time well spent.

But sometimes dinner can be a serious struggle, and whether you have toddlers or teenagers, kids can be a pretty tough crowd. So how do you please even the pickiest eaters? Here are a few of our favorite side dishes that are kid-approved and easy to make, any night of the week!

7 Fun & Kid-Friendly Sides
  1. Tasty Tots. Turn ordinary tots up a notch! Tossed with savory herb butter and Parmesan cheese, these Rustic Herb Tots are ready in minutes with only four ingredients.
  2. Tasty Tots | Tastefully Simple

  3. Must-Have Mac & Cheese. For a fun twist on a traditional favorite, stir up Artichoke & Spinach Mac & Cheese. So creamy and comforting, it’s always a home-cooked hit with all ages.
    Must-Have Mac & Cheese | Tastefully Simple
    Tip: If you love a little extra crunch, mix ¼ cup breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle on top of the macaroni before baking for a beautifully buttery, crispy topping.

  4. Delicious Fries without the Drive-Thru. Perk up frozen extra-crispy fries with a generous pinch of Garlic Pepper Seasoning before baking. Serve warm from the oven with ketchup, ranch or a salsa-sour cream dipping sauce (just mix a tablespoon of Simply Salsa™ Mix with ¾ cup sour cream!).

  5. Rainbow Fruit Skewers. Make fun mini kabobs with skewers of fresh fruit. For a bright rainbow of color, just alternate raspberries, mandarin orange segments, pineapple chunks, green grapes, blueberries and red grapes. While you can try this anytime, it's perfect for warm-weather backyard BBQs!

  6. Cute Veggie Cups. Mix 2 tablespoons Spinach & Herb Dip Mix with 1 cup plain Greek yogurt. For a little extra novelty, dollop the dip into individual small cups. Fill 'em with fresh veggies such as baby carrots, sliced cucumbers and sugar snap peas.
  7. Cute Veggie Cups | Tastefully Simple

  8. Honey-bunny Carrots. For kiddo-friendly carrots with a hint of sweetness, slice 1 pound of baby carrots in half lengthwise. Toss with 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 tablespoon Garlic Pepper Seasoning. Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.

  9. Buttery Breadsticks. Give refrigerated breadsticks a boost! Combine ¼ cup melted butter with 1 tablespoon Rustic Herb Seasoning. Brush onto warm breadsticks right out of the oven and sprinkle with a little grated Parmesan cheese.

What are some of YOUR kid-friendly favorites and simple sides? Tell us right here, or share your ideas with us on Facebook.

We'd love to hear from you (and your little helpers)!

- Jen
  • bvseo_sdk, net_sdk,
  • CLOUD, getReviews, 156ms
  • bvseo-msg: The resource to the URL or file is currently unavailable.;

Comments (0)